AJT movement in Kazan city started it’s development relatively recently, but it had already given first fruits of its work. Kazan community has great potential due to large number of Jewish active youth. In 2016 young people from our city actively implemented their projects, received many grants and, with the support of AJT, launched such projects as:
- Project "Stories for Taste" have started in autumn, 2016. A special café was rented for it, where master classes for teenagers and all members of the community were held. A specially invited chef cooked the proposed dish in front of the public and commented the process and the host of the evening told the story of this recipe.
- "Week of Hanukkah's miracles." AJT activists together with the volunteer centre "Atikva" each day gave a small miracle to those who needed it most. During the project, teenagers visited nursing home Ronald McDonald's house, where they held “Fairy of good deeds”: organised performance of the puppet theatre, held various master classes. The week ended with a costumed Chanukah Ball with a special program. All money raised from the event went to charity.
- Youth Shabbatons, within the framework of which trainings, team building sessions, classes on traditions and entertainment events were held.
- "Trekking dedicated to the Independence Day of Israel". An organized campaign in which teenagers learned to interact with each other and learned new information about the state of Israel.
- Conducting various thematic quests, including quest around Jewish places in Kazan. 2017 year will also be very eventful.
Activists of the youth movement have already written a program of events for the current year, which includes both one-time and regular campaigns, such as:
- Oratory courses – Teaching teenagers public speaking;
- Seder kippers courses - Teaching teenagers to conduct Seder;
- Video editing courses – aimed at providing teenagers with video editing skills, teaching to create high-quality multy-presentations, commercials, videos, and other digital video products. Also following projects were successfully launched: 1. "Dancefeel" - Teaching teenagers modern dances; 2. "Nezhdanchik" - Teens declared only place and time of gathering, each time activities are surprise;
- What? Where? When? Between cities - A series of games What? Where? When? Between teenagers from different cities;
- English with cup of tea - Teaching teenagers conversational English in informal setting;
- Entertaining Hebrew - Teaching teenagers to speak Hebrew;
- Cinema Club – Film screening with discussion;
- Empire of Beauty - The project is created for young girls, during the project master classes on make-up, cosmetology, hairdresser's art, manicure and much more will be held;
- Courses of journalists - Teaching teenagers the basics of the profession of a journalist, training the ability to conduct interview;
- Shabbatons and events.
Leader: Kononova Tatiana
Address: 420111, the Russian Federation, Kazan, Profsoyuznaya str., 15, 3rd floor